Saturday 6 February 2010

Homebaker

When I get bored I bake. Sometimes this is good, but mostly it is bad because then I eat everything that I make....not so good.
Today I started out making the chocolate and whiskey bundt cake that some twitterer linked to and I decided I must try out. Verdict: Awesome! Very moist with a big whiskey flavour


Then I thought I would use up the macadamias my twin left behind the other day. So I made a honeyed pear and macadamia tart. It was very tasty but it needs crream. One of my favourites.


And to add some experimental element I took a recipe and changed it to accommodate what I had at home and I made ruby grapefruit and white chocolate tarts. Verdict: Disaster, couldn't get the damn things out of the trays - they all stuck. And the coconut bases were a touch too sweet.

So I would respect myself in the morning I put the dishwasher on and also hand washed what was leftover. Now my green kitchen is looking neat and tidy again...


Taking leftovers to work. I will feed the number crunchers the fruits of my boredom and save myself from the calories.

No comments: