Sunday 21 February 2010

competition

GB cooked a grass-fed beef roast on Saturday night. He prepared his own wash to baste the hunk o meat in while cooking and then created a glaze to put atop it once it had been taken off the BBQ. It is 2 days later and I am still in awe of how great it was. It appears that the 'new' cook of this household, when he can be bothered, is fan-bloody-tastic. I confess a slight feeling of competitiveness growing in my belly. I have always been the better cook in the house. It is one of the few things I can do well. I am afraid that a competition of this sort will do more damage to our already expanding waistlines and shrinking bank balances than we really can endure.

2 comments:

Baino said...

Grass fed beef? What else do they eat? Peanuts?

Brethred said...

I believe that most beef is grain or corn fed these days. So they specify grass-fed for the organic foodies. The beef is better for you when it is grass-fed too.