Wednesday 5 December 2007

Rewind

I started the blog again so I could rant and rave about all the stuff that was on my mind. Have some sort of outlet because GB gets weary of emotional intensity, and when I finally get around to it, I find that I don’t have the time. A lot has happened in the last month. So I have decided to give a little run down.

My intention of late has been to keep a scrapbook of all the fun things that GB and I do. I keep ticket stubs from concerts, movies, events – airfare tickets, brochures from the places we have visited etc. But my first attempt at posting them into a big scrap book was a dismal failure due to my impatience and messy glue application. The solution……..Be more attentive to my blog.

Rewind to Mid November.

A big week is planned. Alex, Mum and Aunty Syl are coming down to visit and I decided to host Christmas in November with them to fit in some seasonal celebration with the family this year. Chris has the Monsters of Rock concerts on Friday and Saturday nights and Helen is visiting from Sydney Sunday and Monday. Eeeeek Seems like a lot for one little weekend. It almost was :)

The family stayed at the Katz Apartments. Ew ! They were tiny and cramped. The room they got was situated behind the one and only ice bar in Melbourne. This gave them the fun of seeing the “ice guy” shovel snow out into the alley at 2am in the morning and the Asian gangs battle it out after the snow had melted. The monotonous HUM of the generator penetrated the little apartment’s walls with such determination it was impressive in the oh-wow-how-the hell-can-you-sleep-through-that kind of way. Katz Apartments have been taken off the list of places to stay. And I promise to mention how god awful they were to anyone who cares to listen.

Not much sight seeing was done. My family are not that interested in spending hours in a car to get somewhere to have something to eat and drive all the way back again like me :)
Plus there was shopping to be done and Christmas to be had.

The one place that did get a look in was the The Boathouse in Farifield. It is a beautiful old building that has been turned into a tea house with canoes and boats for hire. The weather was stifling, which sort of bought the fun down a couple of notches but we all still managed to expand our girths with a Devonshire tea worthy of the exorbitant price we paid for it.

The best picture of the day was taken of all of us by some Good Samaritan:



I will have to finish up in the next post.  

No comments: