Saturday 29 December 2007

The day before the day before New Years

While I am sitting here knocking back a Corona with lime (hey, what is a girl to do to combat this nasty weather!) I thought that I would jot down how Christmas went.

Christmas Eve was spent at the Kahler house. A family affair with the Kahlers, Grandmother and Great Aunt (The Ladies). Mrs K put on the usual delectable feed with copious amounts of sparkling white, which made for a very enjoyable evening.

This is a picture of the table laid out for dinner and adorned with the beautiful 'table' Advent Krantz Mr K fashioned at the last minute.


Everyone was in a festive mood befitting the season. Pleasant conversation followed by gift giving was the order of the night. Everyone was quite spoilt in the way of gifts. Although GB had already bought himself an ipod Touch, so it didn't really matter what anyone else got him....

I bought GB a Nintendo DS. I have played it more than him! Imagine that. We both got a new dinner service from Mrs K and "The Ladies" gave Chris some ties and shirts and I got a Myer gift voucher. I spent the gift Voucher on Rocks by Ralph Lauren.

And the present for me that had been living in the garage for several days for safe keeping (GB's reasoning is I won't snoop where there lurks the spiders - he is right of course). SURPRISE.


So that is my lovely new toy. I can't play yet. I am pretty good at making noise but it is yet to sound like a song or even pleasant noise. My finger pads of my left hand are quite tender. I found some scale exercises on the interweb to help strengthen and loosen my hands. It hurts! :)

Christmas day didn't turn out as planned. But I probably had a more relaxing time than I imagined I would. The Raffaele-Djouabi clan and the Kahler's came together for a late lunch of seafood and Amanda's crumbed chicken. If there was ever a dish that invoked memories of Christmas' as a child at Mum and Dad's house it is crumbed chicken. Thankfully Amanda learned the recipe from Dad at some point, so the tradition lives on. We skipped the rest of tradition with no pudding or Christmas cake. Instead Amanda made a Kuchen. And we watched Die Hard 4.0 in the evening. Usually watching movies on Christmas is for when I am on my own and I take the masochistic route of watching a It's A Wonderful Life .

GB's friends then came around after about 8pm and lots more drinking happened. This Christmas broke tradition for GB's family as well as mine. It was weird but wonderful.

No comments: