Monday 17 December 2007

It was the weekend before the weekend before Christmas

Friday night was one of the laziest and slowest I have had in a while. I don’t actually remember what I did. I know that I ate pizza and watched a bit of TV. Sounds awful and it kind of was. It was one of those nights that one can feel time and youth slipping away.

Saturday morning I experienced one of the most girly episodes that I have had in a long time. Another hair disaster. I went to Cesars to get it cut and coloured. I love the colour but hate the cut. And it took me about 3 hours to get over it. Ahaha 3 hours of a tight knot in my stomach and the inability to be happy. All this because I didn’t get the haircut I wanted and I forked over $125 for it (one of the cheaper haircuts of late I must admit). GB handled this episode of mine with the patience of a saint - he deserves a medal for his performance of care.

I took my overly cutesy hairdo and GB to N & S’s new house for their house warming in the afternoon. Slow starting event but got better after the Bocce was brought out. And just as it was really getting going GB and I went home.

Sunday rocked around with not much fanfare. GB worked on Dave’s new car and installed a stereo. It is an old brown Sigma which will from now on be known as the Pigma . And I get to babysit it! Yep you read that right. Dave is entrusting his new shitheap to me while he is doing his army thing. I am so looking forward to driving a manual again – I had a little drive around the block to get reacquainted with a stick and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although after my little test drive I think Dave is less thrilled about the whole arrangement.

No comments: