Friday 14 December 2007

The Tree!

GB's family has a tradition.  They are huge Christmas fans.  

The first Christmas tradition that I was invited to partake in, being the new girfriend 4 years ago, was to venture down to the The Christmas Tree Farm at Moorooduc and pick out the biggest Christmas tree ever.  GB's mum likes 'em huuuuge.  All the while GB's dad collects branches that have been abandoned to make his Advent Krantz (which is a German tradition, I believe, with very little references on Google otherwise I would have shared them).  The Krantz is always elaborate and beautiful.  

This year GB and I  took time off work to join the GB olds in the annual getting of pine.  The day was hot and the flies were sticky but we both managed to pick out gorgeous trees worthy of the pride of place they have our homes.  GB and I even bought a star for the top of our tree this year :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the annual trip to the Moorooduc Christmas Tree Farm. It brings out the feeling of Christmas Spirit in me, when I am sick of the crowds in the shops.