Sunday 30 December 2007

NYE

I show up for work at 8:20am. No one else is here. Come on accountants. Masters of the obsessive-workaholic persona. I am starting to doubt that anyone is going to show up. It is going to be 42 degrees today. Maybe I am the only stupid person coming in.

Turns out that everyone was in by 9am. So we are ALL stupid.

We are having a house party for NYE tonight. I hate the hot weather and I especially hate having people around when it is hot. I would prefer to ramble about my house in my underwear, which is something I choose not to do when there are visitors - for both mine and their comfort. The good thing about heat like 42 degrees is that once you make peace with the fact that you will be sweating and hot and sticky no matter what - then you can just get on with it.

GB and I have decided that the feature event of tonight will be a water balloon fight. We bought 300 balloons yesterday so I am hoping that will be enough to cool everyone down. Mrs K has instructed that we also stock up on the tequila. ughhh I can already feel the hangover

1 comment:

Baino said...

Ah . . and I thought 39 was hot in November! Good luck cherub. Get wet and have a blast. Happy New Year to you and the geek. (Red cordial is very good for hangovers . . .lots of glucose and rehydrates the brain!)