Wednesday 11 March 2009

These boots are made for riding

I am heading off to a Heels n Wheels event in about 2 hours. My sister recommended I attend as it offers information to beginners and even a mentor if required etc. On the surface sounds like lots of fun. I will be interested to see the ratio of women who love riding and the women who have something to prove to the "penis-endowed" riders.

In the next 6 months I have to do the following for my bike.
  • Have my jacket sleeves adjusted so my elbow armour sits properly
  • Get the indicator fixed - it didn't survive my first dropping of the bike
  • Get the kwaka to a mechanic and have the 3 things I am currently aware of fixed
  • Save up to get it registered etc

All sounds reasonably doable.....if all my expendable cash was devoted totally to the bike. Why are all the enjoyable hobbies so expensive?

1 comment:

Baino said...

Ha, everything I like is immoral illegal or fattening! One of my girlfriends is a bike instructor . . could be a new job in it for you! She teaches on weekends.