Saturday 28 March 2009

Supanova Melbourne 2009

I decided to join GB at the Supanova Melbourne 2009 expo.  The main reason I was going was to be apart of GB's world, and also the actress who plays Starbuck in the new BSG was doing signings and a chat Q & A session.  So I thought, why not.....sounds fun.

We spent over 1.5 hours getting to the show grounds.  And there was only one hall of booths...selling comics, games, costumes and figurines.
 
      

GB and I got bored and didn't wait around for the talks....which I am in two minds about.  I would have been very interested in them, however find the whole star who plays someone you admire thing hard to reconcile.

I am quite happy to line up and stare at Rossi because he IS the best motorcycle rider in the world, however lining up to see an actress that just embodies the the character that you like is a different story and usually ends in everyone being very embarassed.

There were quite a few anime fans who dressed up.  The Anime fans found there was too much Sci-fi and vice versa.  Would I go back?  mmm  perhaps, if they made the tickets cheaper.


1 comment:

Baino said...

Nore we had an exhibition here during January of the Star Wars props and costumes it was so good .. I had a visitor from Ireland at the time so we went and he loved it . .one week later we all went again because Ads wanted to see it. . .great because it tied fiction into technology . you could built your own robot, program R2D2, play around with robotically articulated limbs . .and yes, we had to queue and the museum doubled it's price for the exhibit!