Saturday 28 March 2009

GB takes me to his GP!

Our household is divided into the F1 GP fan (Geekboy) and the MotoGP fan (me).  I have taken GB to the Superbikes one year to give him a small taste of what I do for a week every year around October. 
I have never been to the F1 round in Melbourne, even though I have lived here for almost a decade.  The F1 experience is usually a Father & Son time for GB.  This is the first of many events that GB will be without his dad.  So I was quite honoured when he asked me to go with him this year.
This is the first year of "twilight" sessions for the Australian leg of the race.  Considering we are in daylight savings time, just means that the sun is still out but perhaps there will be less cases of heatstroke. 
So, Friday night we headed off to the beautiful Australian roadtrack around Albert Park for free practice.


First stop was to the drinks tent

  

We spent the most time at corners 1 & 2, then we had a look at the other displays around the track.  

  

2 comments:

Baino said...

Aww look at you two. I miss you! Glad you had a great day. My niece was up from Melbourne this weekend for another niece's 21st, she's BEGGING us to come down so ... hopefully.

Brethred said...

ooh ooh, if we beg too will it help?