Sunday 31 May 2009

P!nk and the Windsor

For our birthday last year GB bought my twin and I tickets to see P!nk. Panda very rarely goes to concerts, I think her one and only concert was U2 a couple of years ago.

I decided to get a hotel room in the city for the night. Managed to secure a night at the Windsor Hotel. It is Sunday, I was going to be at the Windsor anyway....why not do High Tea. Why not indeed! GB had not been to High Tea before, so I inivted him to come stay with me at the hotel and indulge in some sweets before I headed off to the concert.
High tea is always what you would expect. Lots of decadant cakes and home-made icecream, bottomless cups of coffee and tea. One rolls out of the room with a certain feeling of being full to the brim of all things made of sugar and butter.

Both my twin and I were a little full of scones to be boucning off the walls when we first arrived at Rod Laver arena. The crowd for P!nk were friendly, but I would not put them into the same "friendly" category as perhaps a KISS crowd or Iron Maiden crowd, where everyone is super friendly and it almost feels like a massive extended family gathering. Faker were the support act. I would like to see them in a small venue, I think their style really isn't suited arena venues. But they certainly got the crowds pumped for the main act.

All I will say about P!nk is that she is an adrenalin junkie and she knows how to enterain. I forgot
my camera so I have a few dodgy shots of the stage from when we first arrived but none of P!nk. It was a shame because we were so close. Awesome concert!!! And to top it off Panda managed to score me one of Mark Schulman's drumsticks. Hooray!


GB waited up for me and when I got back to the hotel we ordered room service and I babbled like a maniac about how great the concert was.
To top of the indulgent nature of the weekend, we ordered breakfast to be delivered to the room. We don't usually do breakfast at the hotel, and we probably won't again. It is so much nicer to find a little cafe in some alley somewhere.
Added to the list of GREAT WEEKENDS!

1 comment:

Baino said...

Ah see that's where Clare and I came unstuck, not enough conversation between pogging out! Did you manage ice cream and crepes? Congrats on the drumstick!