Saturday 6 June 2009

Central Coast - Family Extension

These days the trip from Melbourne to Gosford does not seem like a quick one. Tram to Bus, Bus to Plane, Plane to Train, Train to Country Train, all to arrive in the midst of young hooligans drinking on the streets all around the city centre (yes Gosford is classified as a city now).
I am staying with mum this trip. I really have missed her since she was visitng in Melbourne. If only I could move her and her friends to Melbourne!
Apart from catching up with the family in general the other reason for my trip is to meet my godson Jet. Jet is affectionately known to me as Jetstar and to his grandfather Roger (yes - Roger Ramjet). When the little one was born I was quite overwhelmed with emotion and more so with the instanteous and LOUD kickstart of my biological clock. I was scared that upon seeing Jetstar I would want a child of my own and I would want it NOW. But to my surprise - nothing! I felt a admiration for my niece, and love towards the tiny little quiet bub - but no longing. Relief!


Yesterday was a visiting day...with the baby. Today will be breakfast out, lunch out, dinner out. Otherwise known as food day.

Mum and I are now off to find a place that is open to serve coffee at 9am on a Sunday.

No comments: