Wednesday 15 April 2009

Over the last week...

Easter Sunday - I took mum to Spagos for breakfast to celebrate Easter Sunday. It was a lovely warm morning. Sunshining, lots of other people also breakfasting... In good old Gosford going out for breakfast is not really the done thing. Mum likes the "eating out" lifestyle melbournians have. Suits her non-cooking ways :)

Easter Monday - GB took us to the Mornington Markets. They were big and so busy. A cute boy sung Leonard Cohen on his guitar and we bought donuts. Markets are getting beyond my price range these days. No longer can you pick up a bargain for $15. Everything is beautiful and well crafted and priced accordingly.

Tuesday - Nothing of note.

Wednesday - I took mum to her first Melbourne International Comedy Festival show. We saw a duo called Manface. One of the boys from the duo was spruking the flyers out the front of the town hall when we were looking for a show to suit both our tastes....one minute I was making "our" way through the crowd the next I turn around and mum is talking to some nerdy looking boy telling him about her son (my brother) who also lives in Perth.

Mum and I loved the show. It was about Geeks. I think GB would have appreciated it aswell. At the end of the show mum went up to say how much she loved it to the nerdy boy who invited her there :)


Thursday - Comedy Festival shenanigans for GB and I. We went to 4 shows...Axis of Awesome, Sammy J, Reginald D Hunter and Ali Mcgregors Late Night Variety Late Night.

Friday - Comedy Festival shenanigans for GB and I (take 2). Another 4 shows.....Jack Druce (I think), Mark Watson, Arj Barker and the HiFi, with a quick interval at Tony Starr's kitten club for a yummy cocktail.


Saturday - Dinner at Docklands, Cirque Du Soleil - Dralion, followed by drinks and a night of Guitar Hero World tour.

Sunday - Was still playing World Tour at 5:00am. Was surprised at my stamina. Slept for a couple of hours and then headed into the city for a delectable afternoon. Crossed off another item on the list and took Amanda and Mum to High Tea at the Windsor Hotel. It was just a lovely and decadant experience.


3 comments:

Baino said...

Wow and I thought my Easter weekend was busy. clare and I are staying at the Windsor on the 24th! Can we stay with you on the 22nd? and me maybe on the Saturday too? Haven't made full plans yet. I love Cirgue du Soliel . .Dralion wasn't my fave but still fantastic.

Baino said...

make that Cirque

Brethred said...

You are both welcome at ours for any days you have free :)
The geek is going to be so happy!
And I get to meet your daughter. Hooray!