Tuesday 7 April 2009

Day in Sorrento

I haven't really taken my mum anywhere out of Melbourne during her visits, usually she sticks pretty close to the CBD and the Vic Markets.  But now I am living all the way down in Seaford I decided to expand mum's experience of the south east of the our lovely state.  So where does one go to for a day trip....Sorrento of course. 
  
          

The weather tried to work with us and often gave bursts of sunlight between the showers.  We gorged on the best Vanilla Slice ever to grace the earth. Walked around the town centre a little bit and marvelled at the prices of the clothes...$735 for a knitted jumper.  It was gorgeous, and I could appreciate that it was italian wool...but please!

We couldn't go past the home-made italian style ice-cream.  I am such a food (novelty) sucker.  Oh home-made is it?  And Italian style......well I better try it then.

We then toured around Portsea looking at all the houses and pointing them out to each other with exclaimations of delight and wonder - picking out the ones we would consider living in.
During a brief stint of sunlight we braved the wind to check out the Portsea back beach and the London Bridge rock formation.  
               A fun touristy day!



1 comment:

Baino said...

Aww looks like you had a good time. Can you email me and tell me how you post pics like that? I'm sick of one photo bang slap in the middle of the blog?