Wednesday 1 April 2009

Baranows - Whiskey tasting

I immediately fell in love with Baranows. Although I have only been to this bar for an "event" I am sure that the atmosphere during normal trading retains all the charm and indulgence. Indulgence is a great way to describe this place, from the leather couches and lowkey decor, to the overthetop bar with shelf upon shelf of alcohol to delight, the humidifiers with cigars, the wine cellar......It is just FUN!




I attended the Glenmorangie Whiskey tasting night. The evening consists of a representative from Glenmorangie talking/teaching about whiskey and the process of production, the best methods of tasting etc, a tasting plate of food to enjoy with the 6 different whiskeys and an anitpasto platter to finish. This was a great way to try different whiskeys, especially the ones that I would not normally buy due to price or inexperience etc. Now I know that my favourite Glenmorangie whiskey is the Quinta Ruban followed closely by the Astar.


Can't wait to do the tequila tasting night :)


No comments: