Wednesday 17 March 2010

CATS!

An iconic musical in a beautiful theatre. Happy Birthday to me. It is like I got two birthday presents. I have very excited when I got the tickets for my birthday last year - and then I get the actual experience of it months later.

I managed to get GB to take me to dinner in a pub that was not the Charles Dickens, which is harder than it should be. We ended up at Beer Deluxe in Fed Square. It was fun to try out some different beers. Although at $13 a pop (and that was one of the cheap ones) It is not somewhere I would envision having a big night. The honey beer was my favourite. It turns out I kick arse at picking good beer!




Cats was playing at the Regent theatre - which is one of my favourite venues in Melbourne. I managed to get some dodgy snaps on my mobile before being told that there was no photography allowed.



The stage looked amazing - great lighting. I didn't manage to get any photos of the cats. They were astoundingly precise in their mannerisms and timing. Great dancing and fun songs. I tried not to have any expectations - I didn't read any reviews or anything about the story. And I was pleasantly surprised. Although I didn't really understand everything that was going on, watching the dancers kept me entertained enough. It seems to be a pretty weird concept for a musical but what fun.

1 comment:

Baino said...

I love Cats, I love anything Andrew Lloyd Webber. Saw Phantom at the Princess Theatre years ago, a perfect venue. So glad you enjoyed it!