Tuesday 27 January 2009

Heatwave

Melbourne is experiencing a heatwave this week and it is causing people to do the strangest things. The public transport system is collapsing with over 200 train services cancelled yesterday and an equivalent amount expected today. Some guy allegedly threw a 5 yr girl off the Westgate Bridge. Blackouts abound. Tennis players are arguing. The media is touting fears of an Ash Wednesday repeat. The list could go on and on.....

I am safely tucked away in an air conditioned office, annoying my co-workers by giving frequent updates on the current temperature.

I am feeling somewhat motivated today. I have crossed 2 things off my list of 101 things and I am more than 3/4 of the way through ripping all my cds. Would like to be doing the bigger things on the list, but a start is a start.

To be honest the ideas of others have me more excited. GB's mum mentioned starting a business in France, which I think is the greatest idea she has had in years. My twin is talking about hopping in a camper and taking herself and her husband around Australia. My mum is going to New York in April to meet up with a friend she met on the internet. Makes me want to do something "big" and impulsive.....

2 comments:

Baino said...

Ah I know what you mean. So I'm starting with the weight loss, exercise and no drinking 4kgs down 30 to go! GAH! I don't envy your weather tho! Not too bad up here . .mid 30's but coolish in the evenings.

Anonymous said...

Move to the Gold Coast! That's big, and if you did it without really thinking, it would be impulsive... See.