Monday 17 January 2011

The Holiday of Awesome

We have been back in Country for 2 months. Heh, I like the way that makes me sound like I am a constant traveller, a nomad. It is not true. It had been over 12 years since my last real overseas holiday and I had never done one like this before.

Destination: Paris > Avignon > Toulouse > Andorra > Madrid > Granda >Valencia >Barcelona

There are many positives about holidays, not having to trudge to work everyday is right up there for me. Then the obvious ones come to mind. Experiencing a different culture, even the ones that are only slightly different to ours. Seeing the most amazing buidings from a history that seems beyond us as a such new Country. The animals and plants that are unique to their environments. The food!

I found that GB and I's approach to the holiday was pretty similar, perhaps why we had such a great time in each others company, we wanted to see the architecture and the great tourist must-sees, we wanted to taste all the food. From the corner store Croque Monsieur to a fine meal . Then there was all the beer, oh so cheap, and I gave the sentence "un vasso de vino de la casa, por favor" a good go aswell.

And it was the best time that I have ever had.

1 comment:

Baino said...

Yeh, seems such a long time ago thought doesn't it. Still saving for the next one. And I'm sorry, but I'm yet to find decent prosciutto and baguettes