Saturday 1 May 2010

Boring but I need to say it out loud. It is a step.

Actually I have two new friends.  One is my new found motivation.  Hello!  I am so glad that you finally arrived, I had been searching for something to get me out of the self destructive rut that I had found myself in and ta-da!  You arrive.  I know what caused it.  It was the booking of the trip. 

And friend number two is my new skipping rope:

I find skipping ropes intimidating.  They usually take co-ordination and a greater than basic level of fitness to use them impressively.  So, I might not be impressive yet, but I am slowly building up to it.  Coach Jaboor has given me a routine to do 3 times a week.  I have only been at it for 2 weeks now but I can actually feel the difference in what I can achieve in that short period of time.

I use to think that I didn't really talk about my weight often.  I certainly would not ask anyone if I look fat in anything, because I have eyes and they work even if I have to wear glasses.  And I really don't like girls that are constantly talking about their weight.  But then I got to thinking that my hiding from the topic wasn't really getting me anywhere.  I still think that discussing it in a group situation is tacky and attention seeking but I am starting to acknowledge my issue and also put into place actions that resolve it.

Another thing that has been playing on my mind lots is my family.  They are sort of a sickly bunch.  Only one of my sisters is quite fit and looks after herself properly and another one that has recently started doing it was forced into it by a stroke at the age of 48.  I don't want all the shitty health issues they have gone through and the best bet is to get into the best shape of my life and stay there.  I use to be in awe of those ladies at the gym in the 60's or 70's working out harder than I was.  Now I am just aiming to be one of them.

1 comment:

colbsi said...

What is the routine with the skipping rope? I bought a skipping rope about a year ago and still haven't taken it out of the package.