Wednesday 26 May 2010

#34 Be in the audience for a live tapping of a TV show

Thanks to twitter and L, I managed to cross this off my list last night. TV show in question: 7pm Project. This is not the show I would have picked if I had my choice of all the live shows in Australia, however it was lots of fun.

Arrived at the studio, signed in by a very sleazy guard type person, we were then shuffled into a boardroom to be taught the 2 levels of clapping we would be required to reproduce during the show. We then had to all give our best fake laugh - which turned out to be very real as we ended up just all laughing at each other. During the ad breaks the audience man Dan would ask questions and if you got them right you got a raffle ticket and at the end of the show they drew a raffle ticket and the winner got a CD. I got 3 questions right but didn't win the draw.

2 things I learnt - being an audience member is work and clapping for 30 mins hurts your hands. Also, that having fun is sometimes about not caring if you are being a dick or not.

Although I wouldn't go back to that show I would definitely like to do some other shows. Rockwiz would be high on list.

No comments: