Monday 5 September 2011

Friends of the Zoo

The Geek and I have become friends of the Zoo. This enables us to flash our membership cards at any Victorian Zoo and gain entry, discounts on the twilight concerts and other fun stuff.


We decided to hit up Werribee Zoo on the weekend. Being Father's Day it was a little too crowded with children for my liking but I think all zoos are generally anyway. The day could not have started any better than with me spotting a tiny tiny tiny! field mouse running for its life through the car park. It was so very small and quick.

The rest of the day was spent oohing and ahhhing over the animals and enjoying the fact that we both love spending time doing dorky stuff like this.

We only had my tiny point + shoot camera so the pics are not as great as I wanted them to be and the rain and hail kind of got in the way at times....



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You've got some great shots there! I love the one of the hippo in the water.

Baino said...

Aww love your photies. I wish we'd had enough time in April, we drove right past Werribee really on our way down south. Looks awesome.