Monday 28 December 2009

Christmas 2009

GB and I hosted our first Christmas Eve family dinner and our first Christmas lunch. My family were pikey pikers and did their own thing in NSW and missed out! :)

Chritmas Eve was just the three of us: GB, myself and Mrs K. This is the night we open presents and gorge ourselves on seaford.

Before:


Yes the platter you see on this table is for 3 people!


After:


Christmas Day was another statement on indulgence and traditionalism. In attendance: Mrs K, GB, myself and the Sultanas GB's Grandmother and Great Aunt. It was a lovely and relaxed day (for me anyway - Mrs K did all the cooking and cleaning)


I wish I had taken the time to get a better photo of the tree at night. It really does look magical and a perfect way to end the day with just me awake, the tree sparkling and a sense that it was a fantastic finish to what was a crap year and that 2010 is going to be so much better.



Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Baino said...

I love your table setting and the candilabre is stunning! We didn't even 'set' a table this year because Clare needed space for her Speed Present wrapping competition. Then with 14 a nice setting doesn't last long. Good that you had a lovely Christmas and I agree 2010 can only be better. Big hugs.