Tuesday 9 December 2008

As the pendulum swings......

.......so do my moods. From the edge of tears of hysteria yesterday to the giggling mess of today.

So I declare today the start of the festive season. Two reasons. One I am deliriously happy today (the only worthwhile sympton of lack of sleep) and two Santa made me free coffee at Carrum railway station this morning.

I have been glared at and chided by my fellow co-workers for being that annoying girl that sits at her desks and giggles to herself. I tell myself they are merely jealous because I am exuding such happiness today. But I am sure they can see through the manic and temporary excitement just as I can feel it slipping every now and then. And anyone who has felt this knows that you need to hang on to it as long as possible because what comes next is that tiredness that nags at your eyes and slows the brain.

I am pretty sure that my lack of sleep is directly contributing to my mood swings.....and I think I know what is causing my insomnia. Loki. My pathetic, cuddley black and white cat. He likes to cuddle with me, but he is a dominating little fellow and likes to sleep on my head. I could just kick him out but as with all animals he acts out when he doesn't feel loved enough and his version of acting out is making the whole house smell like his pee pee.

Another thing that is adding to my happiness of late is an increase in consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables. GB and I have promised for the duration of the summer that we will always have a big bowl of fruit salad in the fridge. This means I get to eat this at work every morning:

No comments: