Friday 8 February 2008

One down four to go

So this whole posting business hasn't gone as planned - but I intend to keep on trying.

I mentioned a post or so earlier that I am intending to check some stuff off a list.  I never got around to posting a list....

One of the items on the list that I never posted was to complete a bootcamp.  This was to kill two items with one activity.....I am determined to become fit and I wanted to actually complete something.  
Fit eh...my goal is the kind of fit and healthy where there are no longer diets just a way of life.  So as the first step I joined the Original Bootcamp
it consists of 3 x 1hr session per week for 4 weeks.    I completed the first week yesterday and was so proud that I managed to get through the first week without crying.  First session was scary and very tough.  Second session was even tougher and made me quite hesitant about going back.  I really though that I had jumped into the deep end a touch too soon. After the third session I actually feel like I have made progress.  I am still last at everything we do and I still do the least pushups and situps and burpees.  But I am not there to compare myself to others - I just want to see progression with my fitness levels over the 4 weeks.

Today I am off to the gym near the train station.  This is step 2.  I am going to take up boxing.  Not competition boxing or anything.  Just training  :)

1 comment:

Baino said...

Clare has a friend who's a personal trainer and runs a boot camp at our local gym, I've often thought about 'employing' her for a one on one but she is BRUTAL. Boxing is more fun!