Thursday 3 January 2013

Austria...for lunch

New Years day.  What to do...

The three of us jumped a train for Salzburg and decided that we would head to Austria for lunch.

We headed straight for Altstadt  (old town) to find a pub for lunch and take a look around.  The remnants of fun and the celebrations of the previous night showed in the litter about the streets and fountains, but otherwise it was a pretty and quaint old town.

If I were to describe my activities in very few words I would say castles and wine.  That is what I like to do.
We took the cable car to the castle and took in the Alps - it was really breathtaking.  It might have been nice to spend an extra day there but I was quite happy to make our way back to Munich early evening and head straight back to my favourite of all the beer halls we frequented. Andecher Am Dom.  I would rate their food to be some of the best that I have had in all of Germany.


It was our last night with Dave as he was headed home the next day. Beer was drunk by the maß and the night ended with schnapps.  As it is supposed to.  We had so much fun meeting up with Dave and spending Christmas and New Year together - it was awesome.  Yay!


FestungsBahn


Catacombs in the walls surrounding the cemetery


Lunch venue

Old town with the castle in the background



Zwei Maß Bitte

View of the Alps from the castle


Classical concert in the town square in Salzburg

Schnapps


No comments: